Thread

• Marvin E. Gaye
      My neighbor bought the loudest music device. It shakes my room. It freaks my cats out. But he doesn't care. He was bragging about it a few days ago. It woke me from my deep sleep. How is this legal in apartments. Especially during quiet hours. I want to cry. Moving isn't an option because it's the only place I can afford with housing and it's also why I don't do roommates. My poor babies are hiding. We don't do loud. Management doesn't care. And I don't do cops so don't even suggest that. I've tried talking to my neighbor. It works for a few days then he does it again.
        • Amber Vanlerberghe

You say "How is this even legal in apartments". It is not legal. But you won't report it to the authorities, thereby giving your passive permission for it to continue. Some people don't care what their neighbors say, but if they get a ticket for disturbing the peace, they take heed.

Leave a comment
          • Shelley Long

Just call your local non emergency police number and make an anonymous complaint and give the persons address. Then you will not have to deal with the police in person yourself. Do this every time the noise is past the noise ordinance level for your city. Mine is no later than 9pm. I get being afraid of the police I am too. But there are workarounds to getting help in your specific scenario without face to face involvement. Good luck and I hope this info helps!

Leave a comment

Book Of Likes makes the difference, find out why...

Copyright © 2024 All Rights Reserved Bookoflikes, Inc.