Thread

• Donna A. Clayton
      I’m feeling really conflicted. I spoke up for myself in a group chat with my family last night after a little joke was told at my e😜ense. It was a funny misunderstanding about the principal of the school. We were discussing the school we went to, it’s faults and some good things too. It was a dangerous topic as we had a really toxic homelife in those years. The original joke was funny, but they remember it incorrectly. They say it like I said something stupid, when I was just telling them what my friend had said. They laughed at me then too, never understood me. Probably never tried. I don’t know what response I e😜ected, but what I got back from one of my best friend's was a real shock. She said, “I think people have worked hard to forget your mistakes.” And, then she blocked me. I am shattered!
        • Angie Anderson

Good for you for having a boundary and trying to have a dialogue about what you found hurtful. That is maturity. What she did is gaslight you. I’m sure she’s got her own baggage that she’s dealing with (probably unconsciously) so I’ll give her a little grace but in general… f*** that. If she wants to be petty and immature, let her. Enjoy some space and peace away from her.

Leave a comment

Book Of Likes makes the difference, find out why...

Copyright © 2024 All Rights Reserved Bookoflikes, Inc.